Hansen, originally from Indonesia, was working in finance and living in Singapore where he started dating his wife Jessica. In the span of just a year, Hansen quit his job, got married to Jessica and co-founded a business with her – in Bali! They turned an abandoned, overgrown space in the busy Seminyak area into a vibrant, beautiful and comfortable work space called Biliq.
While we got comfy in the Japanese style nap room (Something every great work space should have), Hansen shares the advantages of working with his wife and discusses the importance of communication and working within your strengths. He also talks about how they make the best of the space and strive to create a unique environment and shares the thoughtful and unique ways they are differentiating themselves from other spaces. Hansen also discusses the difference between visiting Bali and living in Bali and how his life is different now from when he was living in Singapore.
You will even get to hear an inspiring story about the local dogs rescued by Hansen and his wife. We were truly impressed with Biliq and had a great time getting to know Hansen so we hope you enjoy episode 16!
Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @livinginbalipodcast to let us know you listened to the show (We might shout you out!). Also, please subscribe to the podcast on Spotify and iTunes radio and give us a rating and review if you enjoyed it!
Also, review us on our Facebook page! 🙏
Listen to the show:
Featured in this episode:
- Biliq: Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Since we talked, Biliq now has a CoLiving option.. Check it out here!
- Upcoming Events: Pecha Kucha night this Friday, the 18th of October
Connect with us:
- Living in Bali Podcast: Instagram – Facebook – Twitter
- Olivia: Website – Instagram – LinkedIn – Book
- Sarah: Website – Instagram – LinkedIn
Things to check out:
- Dough Darlings
- Episode 8 – Featuring Rodney Westerlaken
- Episode 3 – Featuring Irma Sitompul
- Episode 6 – Featuring Libby Clark
- Mount Batur
- Mount Rinjani
- Double Six Beach