Wira, a young Balinese from a rural part of Bali, starts a social enterprise that brings income to the local community from tourism but still preserves the culture and local knowledge through Five Pillar Experience.
You will learn the ups and downs of running a social enterprise in Bali especially after the Vulcanic eruption and the earthquake in 2018. Persistence and optimism are the two main characters of Wira’s success traits.
Wira story is uncommon as he manages to build an enterprise and foundation that connect the local community and visitors for social project. Not only that he also strive to tackle the issues of water quality and rural development through Five Pillar Foundation.
Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @livinginbalipodcast to let us know you listened to the show (We might shout you out!). Also, please subscribe to the podcast on Spotify and iTunes radio and give us a rating and review if you enjoyed it!
Listen to the show:
Featured in this episode:
- Five Pillar Foundation: Facebook
- Five Pillar Experience Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Sun Sang Ecovillage Website | Facebook
Connect with us:
- Living in Bali Podcast: Instagram – Facebook – Twitter
- Olivia: Website – Instagram – LinkedIn – Book
- Sarah: Website – Instagram – LinkedIn
Things to check out:
- Episode 8 – Featuring Rodney Westerlaken
- Episode 3 – Featuring Irma Sitompul
- Episode 6 – Featuring Suri